Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dream-Based Artwork: The Empress

I've been having these really intense dreams lately, probably because I'm gearing up for my art show.

Last night, I dreamed that I saw myself laying on a cold tile floor. I didn't know where I was, and I couldn't move, but I could hear the ocean. A woman in red robes was suspended over the water. Somehow I knew she was called The Empress.  

She was talking about training warriors, and it felt like she was talking about me. But because I couldn't move in the dream, I didn't exactly feel like a warrior...so what she was saying didn't have a context. 

Anyhow, I decided to make a collage about it.


Rhiannon and Dez have a really cool blue tile floor in the bathroom of their apartment, so I set up a tripod and took a photo of myself laying there, pretending I was dead. I tried to paint the rest of the scene, and excerpted a quote from one of my all-time favorite books, 365 Days of Tao. This quote is the closest thing to what the red-robed woman was trying to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment